I have established myself as the world leader in my chosen field of research.
I can provide for the media, the darts, brewing and pub leisure industries and private individuals a unique, unrivalled consultancy for the sport of darts and pub games. For universities I am qualified to lecture on the subject at all levels.
Put simply, I offer clients a unique consultancy service which includes:
- Personal research
- Lectures for universities on darts and popular culture
- TV / radio interviews / expertise and advice
- After dinner speaking
- Corporate darts research and support
Work is customised to your specifications and details of fees are available on request. Contact me to discuss your requirements.
My portfolio includes having
- Undertaken over twenty five years of darts research in all areas of the sport
- An unrivalled database of information relating to darts and other pub games
- Been awarded a PhD by the Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge on the social history of darts during the interwar period (December 2006). The book based on that research Darts in England 1900-39: A social history was published by Manchester University Press in 2009 and in 2012 was published in paperback for the first time.
- Contributed to a number of academic encyclopaedia and lectured on the subject (including the British Society of Sport History Conference).
- Created the world’s first website focussing on darts history which attracts thousands of visitors each year
- Traced details of numerous News of the World Individual Darts Champions (and less successful players) for families seeking information
- Work widely published including Darts World, Darts Player, Bulls Eye News (USA), Time Out, and the Pub History Society Journal
- Worked with three-time World Professional Darts Champion John Lowe on his autobiography Old Stoneface – The Autobiography of Britain’s Greatest Darts Player (London: John Blake, 2005 and with seven-time Embassy/Lakeside World Ladies Darts Champion, Trina Gulliver on her autobiography Golden Girl – The Autobiography of the Greatest Ever Ladies’ Darts Player (London: John Blake, 2008) and Bobby George - Scoring for Show: Doubles for Dough (Clacton-on-Sea: Apex Publishing, 2011)
- Undertaken consultancy work for the darts industry relating to company history, including NODOR, WINMAU and Unicorn Products Ltd.
- Written for and appeared in the Green Umbrella/ W.H. Smith ‘Story of Darts’ video/DVD as historical consultant
- Provided book reviews and darts history articles for the Professional Darts Corporation (PDC).
- Appeared on the BBC TV 2004/2005 coverage of the British Darts Organisation WINMAU World Masters and the Lakeside (formerly the Embassy) World Darts Championships as ‘Doctor Darts’
- Appeared on national and local television including news interviews for BBC Look East and Anglia Television ,and personal appearances on The Big Breakfast, Collector’s Lot and Live At 3,
- Been featured on and contributed to national and local radio including Radio 5 Live
- Featured in many local and national newspapers, including The Sun and The Guardian
- Undertaken consultancy work for the Daily Mirror in providing a Darts Heritage Room for the Dart & Cue Exhibition held at the G Mex Centre, Manchester
- Undertaken consultancy work for the Brewers and Licensed Retailers Association (BALRA) to produce the publication ‘Pub Games.’
- Provided information to MPs to enable them to sustain debate in the House of Commons relating to the recognition of darts as a sport
- Written books on the sport in my own right, those being Darts in England 1900-39: A social history (Manchester: Manchester University Press, 2009), The Official Bar Guide to Darts (New York: Puzzlewright Press, 2010 and 180! Fascinating Darts Facts (Stroud: The History Press, 2012)
Please contact me by calling or e-mailing me and I will get back to you as soon as possible. I look forward to hearing from you.
(+44) 01621-856040 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
I will only use your Phone Number and Contact Details in association with this communication, I NEVER share this information with third parties.
Dr. Patrick Chaplin
Patrick Chaplin Navigation
- About Patrick Chaplin
- Darts Consultancy
- Contact Me
- Intormation Page
- The Official Bar Guide to Darts
- Darts in England 1900 - 1939
NEW BOOK OUT NOW!
Learn more about my latest book and where to order it. 180! is packed with fascinating and mind-boggling facts with not a statistic in sight. It will make a great gift for all darts fans. CLICK HERE