A DARTBOARD WITH A DIFFERENCE
Over the years there have been many attempts to bring our games and pastimes to the dartboard. This is not in the form of alternative games but alternative dartboards. In the past these have included golf, snooker, football and even bingo. Now, for what is believed the very first time, a form of ‘Darts meets Scrabble ®’ has been devised by Cases Project Management of Bridport, Dorset.
Named ‘DIGLS’ and pronounced ‘Diggles’ (the name coming from the order of words at the top of the dartboard) by sheer skill players accumulate letters and can earn single, double and quadruple word score values. The letters are placed in the ‘DIGLS bank and once a player has filled his or her bank with letters (and the opposition has had equal darts) it is then up to both sides to make up the highest scoring word(s) from that bank. The highest word score wins!
The DIGLS dartboard game comes complete with two scoreboards, dry marker pen and full instructions. The instructions include detailed notes plus a number of fascinating alternative DIGLS games. (The one mentioned here is only for beginners.
DIGLS provides a refreshing change from ‘ordinary’ darts but, as Managing Director, Richard Rose points out, the company is also targeting non-darts markets. That may be as well as ideas like these rarely catch on with pub darts players and therefore a focus on other markets such as innovative or ‘for the home’ or novelty catalogues should produce results for this excellent idea.
If any visitors to this website have friends and relatives who love word games then they will love DIGLS.
Further details of the DIGLS dartboard and the cost of this ingenious ‘lexical darts’ idea can be found at www.digls.co.uk.
- Darts Miscellany By Matt Bozeat
- The Official Bar Guide to Darts by Patrick Chaplin
- The Darts Bible By David Norton & Patrick Mcloughlin (With Steve Brown)
- Played at the Pub - The Pub Games of Britain By Arthur R. Taylor
- Darts in England 1900 - 1939
- Old Stoneface: The Autobiography of Britain's Greatest Darts Player
- The Darts 'B' Team By Colin S. Drury
- The Complete Dartshooter
- John Lowe Reveals ‘The Art of Darts’
- Eric Bristow - The Crafty Cockney The Autobiography
- The Dart League King by Keith Lee Morris
- How to Master The Sport Of Darts (2nd Edition)
- How to Master The Sport Of Darts
- Darts with the Lid Off By Alan And Geoffrey D’Egville
- Trina Gulliver Golden Girl The Autobiography of
The Greatest Ever Ladies' Dart Player
- Murder on The Darts Board - Justin Irwin
- The Sun darts Quiz Book by Chris Bradshaw
- ‘Bellies and Bullseyes’- By Sid Waddell
- Make Mine a Double
- Bobby Dazzler – My Story, Bobby George
- Cupid's Dart by David Nobbs
- It's a Funny Old Game, Darts, Life -
The Best of Dartoid
- 101 Excuses for Bad Darts
- Know the Game - Darts by Deryk Brown
- 'The Power - My Autobiography' by Phil Taylor
- Planet Darts by Niall Edworthy
- In and Out by Mat Coward
- Unicorn Darts Yearbook 1978
- To The Point - By Dan William Peek
- Premiership 2006 & Eric Bristow's First Embassy Victory 1980
- The Story of darts - Video & DVD
- DIGLS Dartboard
- The Circumluminator -
Shadow Free Dartboard Lighting
- ‘Madhouse’ Mobile Phone Application Launched
NEW BOOK OUT NOW!
Learn more about my latest book and where to order it. 180! is packed with fascinating and mind-boggling facts with not a statistic in sight. It will make a great gift for all darts fans. CLICK HERE