The Sun darts Quiz Book
compiled by Chris Bradshaw
The compiler, Chris Bradshaw, must have plundered all manner of books, magazines and websites to produce this mini-masterpiece and took a great deal of care to cover every element of the game from its history to the latest tournament results – although it tends to major on tournaments and personalities. Questions range from the dead simple to ‘Mastermind’ level.
Nevertheless, with such a huge number of questions - and being the first book of its kind - it will inevitably have darts ‘experts’ descending on it like vultures, to pick over every question trying to spot the error. With over 200 pages and 2,000 questions there has to be one or two.
For example, on page 25, question 12, Chris calls Bob Potter’s establishment ‘The Lakeside Town and Country Club’ and elsewhere he refers to Alex Roy being known as ‘The Ace of Hearts’, not ‘Herts’, which rather messes up the style of the question. Like many folk, Chris gets the hoary old question ‘What was the prize for throwing the first televised 9 dart finish?’ - Page 77, question 3 - wrong. The answer is not £100,000 but £102,000 (£100,000 from the sponsor and £2,000 from the BDO). Watch forums on the internet like ‘Superstars of Darts’ find more, but – Hey!
How can I hold any of this against Chris when the author includes a question about me in the section titled ‘Extra Hard’? (Page 165, question 3)
The Sun Darts Quiz Book is both an excellent gift for all darters and a great source book for all those pub quizmasters who are sick of asking questions about football.
Published by HarperCollins at £5.99, The Sun Darts Quiz Book is available from all good bookshops and via Amazon.com.
Read Dartoid's Review
© 2007 Patrick Chaplin
- Darts Miscellany By Matt Bozeat
- The Official Bar Guide to Darts by Patrick Chaplin
- The Darts Bible By David Norton & Patrick Mcloughlin (With Steve Brown)
- Played at the Pub - The Pub Games of Britain By Arthur R. Taylor
- Darts in England 1900 - 1939
- Old Stoneface: The Autobiography of Britain's Greatest Darts Player
- The Darts 'B' Team By Colin S. Drury
- The Complete Dartshooter
- John Lowe Reveals ‘The Art of Darts’
- Eric Bristow - The Crafty Cockney The Autobiography
- The Dart League King by Keith Lee Morris
- How to Master The Sport Of Darts (2nd Edition)
- How to Master The Sport Of Darts
- Darts with the Lid Off By Alan And Geoffrey D’Egville
- Trina Gulliver Golden Girl The Autobiography of
The Greatest Ever Ladies' Dart Player
- Murder on The Darts Board - Justin Irwin
- The Sun darts Quiz Book by Chris Bradshaw
- ‘Bellies and Bullseyes’- By Sid Waddell
- Make Mine a Double
- Bobby Dazzler – My Story, Bobby George
- Cupid's Dart by David Nobbs
- It's a Funny Old Game, Darts, Life -
The Best of Dartoid
- 101 Excuses for Bad Darts
- Know the Game - Darts by Deryk Brown
- 'The Power - My Autobiography' by Phil Taylor
- Planet Darts by Niall Edworthy
- In and Out by Mat Coward
- Unicorn Darts Yearbook 1978
- To The Point - By Dan William Peek
- Premiership 2006 & Eric Bristow's First Embassy Victory 1980
- The Story of darts - Video & DVD
- DIGLS Dartboard
- The Circumluminator -
Shadow Free Dartboard Lighting
- ‘Madhouse’ Mobile Phone Application Launched
NEW BOOK OUT NOW!
Learn more about my latest book and where to order it. 180! is packed with fascinating and mind-boggling facts with not a statistic in sight. It will make a great gift for all darts fans. CLICK HERE